Saturday, February 7, 2009

Salvador - first impressions

Hi my dears,

I can say that people I´ve met in Salvador are very, very nice to me and tries to help me as far as they can. They are open minded and very talkative even we don´t understand each other cause my knowledge of portuguese is equal to zero and they are mostly not that good in English.

Here are some photos from my first day in Salvador. I met two Brazilians in a hostel and we arranged a visit of downtown called Pellorinho:

Von Salvador


Von Salvador


Von Salvador


If you can see the yellow fence down the street. It marks the secure area which is
controlled by police. My two brazilian mates suggested not cross this area.
Which scared me a bit :) Von Salvador


Market in Salvador. Von Salvador


My friend Ivo introduced me to his friends Isabela and Camila, who speak English very well. They took care of me and followed me on my first steps in new culture and new continent. Most of all I´m very happy they´ve introduced me to their local friends here in Bahia so I have company every day. All of them are nice people and enjoy their lifes under hot sun.

Here are some photos from the evening I was invited for a sea-food dinner by parents of Isabela and Camila:

Camila and her parents. Von Salvador


Nice view, isn´t it? Von Salvador


Von Salvador


View to the other side. Bahian fishers live in the huts above the sea. Von Salvador


Von Salvador


I decided for this big guy. It was a lot of work to get to his meat.Von Salvador



We spent next day on the beach out of the town drinking and eating coco-nuts, beer and typical bahian food acaraju:

My friends Camila and Vinicius on the left.Von Salvador


and me - the white guy Von Salvador

P.S. You can find more photos in my picasa albums if you double click on any of posted photos.

3 comments:

  1. I always dreams of my bedroom with a comfortable queen size bed and a large window that faces out to the mountain. Hills and the natural forests with its trees and birds and animals, rivers and water bodies those will add colors to its picturesque landscape. The place will be calm and quite but with modern facilities.

    It was my dream but I am really lucky that I have found my dream place. Please look at the place. I am sure you will like it. If you are looking for renting a property in Ontario then don’t miss the dream place.

    Whether it's snowboarding, free skiing or just hanging out with friends, Badlands Terrain Park will be your home base! Did you know that SKIER (Snowboard Canada's freeski publication) Magazine listed Blue Mountain's BADLANDS TERRAIN PARK as a "Beast of the East" and that Freeskier Magazine named Badlands the 8th Best Terrain Park in Eastern North America? So, don’t miss to join us all in the blue mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear,ahoj big Emile,Járo,Bobši
    uskutečňuj návštěvy internetu velmi často...
    fotky jsou velice hezké a prosím jen více té dokumentace...sám bych se zakousl do kraba,nebo snad do něčeho jiného:-)
    Při všem moc držím palce a přeji vše nej.
    Your uncle from Chomutov

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey jaro did u note u also get spam on ur blog?

    ReplyDelete