Monday, February 16, 2009

Manu Chao Concert

First what I want to describe is the way how we got the tickets. There were two possibilities. First was to buy the tickets on the black market just before the concert or the second to collect ten bills of any value (even one chewing gum for each bill was enough) and got to the ticket office and get the ticket for free.

After short consideration we decided for the second way :)

Of course we counted with a waiting line. But what we forgot was the brazilian system for checking the bills giving the tickets.

At the first look the queue wasn´t that long so we were waiting and waiting and waiting. The waiting was all together 6 hours long. 4 hours on the sun and 2 in the shadow. It was exhausting and I should also say that I have never done anything similar in my life for a concert ticket and I hope I´ll never do it again :)

But at the end of the day we finally got our tickets and went home full of expectations for the concert on the next day.

The concert itself wasn´t that big. There were only around 8000 people. It took place in a open air theatre in the city centre. The concert was beutiful and Manu Chao stays further on my playlist ...

Javiera took some pictures:

The girls gang of Javiera. Von Manu Chao Concert


My long hair from behind. Von Manu Chao Concert



And finally Manu Chao. Von Manu Chao Concert

1 comment:

  1. Jardo, tak tohle ti fakt zavidim! Ze vseho nejradsi bych seknul s praci a jel taky navstevovat koncerty Manu Chao :-). Ondra

    ReplyDelete