Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Still alive

Dear readers of my blog,

as you can see, I´m still alive and healthy even the epidemies of dengue and porcine flue killed quite a lot of people. Meanwhile I got to the north of Chile. In manner to jump into the present I will briefly post where I was and what impresions I got so far.

I spent more than one month in Buenos Aires, so I can show some photos of tango shows and green parks for which Buenos Aires is so famous for.

Von Tango Shows


Von Caminito- Bs.As


Buenos Aires is probabely the only city in South America, which can be considered as more or less european. The streets are wide and buildings high with nice fasades whisch remembers me on Paris and Parizska street in Prague. The people wear european clothing stil. Sometimes one can even think it´s just Italy or Spain and not Argentina.

Von Buenos Aires - first days


The Red House. Argentinian White House. Von Buenos Aires - first days



The Christopher Columbus munument. Von Buenos Aires - first days



The cathedral. Von Buenos Aires - first days



One of the symbols of BA. The Obelisc.

Von Buenos Aires - first days



Von Parks and Cementery


Von Parks and Cementery


Von Parks and Cementery


Von Parks and Cementery


Von Rose Garden in Buenos Aires


Von Rose Garden in Buenos Aires


Von Centro y Recoleta


Von Jardin Botánico - Bs.As


Von Jardin Botánico - Bs.As


Von Jardin Botánico - Bs.As


One of the best things in Argentina is local food, which is generaly based on beef. The meat thereis cheap and very tasty. In fact I have never eaten better steaks then in Argentina.

Happily eating. Von Caminito- Bs.As



Because I missed my girlfriend JavieraI met in Salvador and she had time in March and could come from Salvador at the same time, we decidedto stay together for a month in a small flat in a center of Buenos Aires.

Our living room. Von Mi casa en Buenos Aires



The flat was situated in the Parana street, which is home of many shops with electronic stuff so I felt directly more like at home. We had one in our building even.

The entrance with microelectronic shop. Von Eva and Francisco


Another interesting thing is, that Eva Perón (Evita) lived in this flat before she became presidential wife and very respected person in Argentina.

Well the last, but not the least: I was very happy in this city.

P.S. Don´t forget to check the picasa albums.

1 comment: