Sunday, January 18, 2009

Klagenfurt

First stop on my way to Madrid, where my flight to Brazil is, was Klagenfurt in Austria. Capital of Kaernten und nowadays base of my friend Nikolaj.

First we visited the city center with Stadthaus which is a seat of Kaerntens parliament.


We found a nice sign from one side of this building showing that after World War II Austria was splitted between the allies. Thats why it's in four languages. The sign itself says that nobody should destroy this building cause of its value. Well I' m not a historician to judge :-)


Another nice part of Klagenfurt is Woerthersee, which is about 25 km long but definitely not so wide.

Legend has it that a small man called Woerthesee Manndl who was really angry about people living in one valley and not going into church. This guy took his barrel full of something and drowned all the village and so Woerthersee was made.

Tired after so many informations about Kalgenfurt we decided to drink couple of beers in local pub.


Now I'm just packing my stuff and soon I will take an overnight train to Zuerich and via Switzerland and France I'll get to Barcelona tomorrow at 11 pm. Hopefully hostel I booked today will still be opened.

4 comments:

  1. Do you know that Woerthersee is a place where all the beautiful typical german movies has been made. My grandma really loves this stuff. ;-) Oh my Jaro. Don't get so old.
    Drinking beer helps.

    Axel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, Klagenfurt is the best place to go into retirement, but I'm starting my career here 8).

    Hmm, Jaro you should write about interRail as well 8).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahoj Jaroušku,
    dávej tam v té Americe na sebe pozor. Pokud si to dobře pamatuju, tak zítra letíš. Mám jednu dobrou zprávu, u doktora mi zatím všechno dopadá dobře, takže z toho mám teď největší radost. Už se mi i vrátila ztracená síla, takže teď dost pracuju. Zase se ozvu.
    Martinka

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi man...
    u know i risked to spend 3 years of my life in klagenfurt???

    cheers to nikolaj as well, have fun!

    michele

    ReplyDelete